Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a layout with you that I made a while ago using the Maggie Holmes Open Book collection. I actually went back to it the other day and added a few more things and I am quite happy with the way this one has turned out. The photo is of when I went to visit the horse that I owned for 5,5 years last August. I sold him in November of 2013 so I hadn’t seen him for about 9 months. It was really great that I was able to see how he was doing.
When I started with this layout I knew that I wanted to use that floral chipboard frame because I felt like it would go well with the colors of my background paper. Most of the time I have no idea what I’m going to make, except for maybe a few elements that I know I want to use on the page for sure. For the rest of the page, I just play around with the embellishments untill I get something I like. I used 2 fabric brads on this layout and I like the way they look, I hope Crate Paper will put out more brads in the future! The last thing I did was add some pink splatters to the layout, I like how that adds an extra touch of pink but without it being too much.
Here are some close-ups of the layout;
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Moments Collected Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Bookmark Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Sweet Story Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Memoir Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Chipboard Frames
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Gold Story Word Thickers
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Ephemera
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Floral Ephemera
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Fabric Brads
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Chipboard Accents
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Accent & Phrase Stickers
Thank you for watching! Have a wonderful and scrappy weekend. 🙂