Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a good weekend. Today I am back sharing, yet again, a layout made with the Open Book collection. If you hadn’t noticed yet – I go from one collection on to the next. I finished with the Open Book collection about a month ago but I don’t want to spam you all with layouts and since I don’t have a stash to take products from, I kind of want to spread out my posts so that I don’t go a long time without posting anything. The layout today was made with a photo of my dogs Amber & Amy.
The photo is actually just one photo of them together but since those chipboard frames fit them perfectly, I decided I would use them to add a little bit more to the layout. I’m not going to lie – I really struggled hard while making this layout. Before putting anything down I always play around with the embellishments to see where I want everything to go, and most of the time the process is fairly easy and I am content with how it turns out, but with this layout I just felt like I couldn’t get it to look right at all. I am glad that I decided to stick with it because looking at it now, I think it’s not really that bad. It will never be my favorite layout, but I am content with it. I do love this picture and sometimes if I am really in love with a photo, I feel like I have to make the best layout ever to do it justice and when I put that kind of ‘pressure’ on myself – it just doesn’t turn out the way that I want it to. Don’t know if any of you can relate to that feeling or if I am just weird. Could easily be the second.
Here are a few close-ups;
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Memoir Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Full Heart Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Bookmark Paper
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – 6×6 Paper Pad
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Chipboard Accents
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Chipboard Frames
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Floral Ephemera
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Fabric Brads
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – White/Gold Paper Doilies
- Maggie Holmes Open Book – Accent & Phrase Stickers
Thank you for watching and I will be back on Monday sharing the first layout I made with Crate Paper’s ‘Craft Market’ collection. Hope to you see there! 🙂